Friday, February 22, 2013

Something Fishy On Somethin' Fishy

Last Thursday, my friends and I went to Eastwood to have breakfast at Somethin' Fishy. Their buffet breakfast costs Php169 only and you can enjoy plenty of menu this restaurant prepared for their guests with big appetite!


I really really love their beef tapa because it's sweet and tender. The most common taste for tapa is kinda salty but not in this restaurant. Ah-uh...


LOVE the ham!!!

I think this is chicken bites. I didn't try this because I can order this at KFC. ;)

Siomai!!! Yum yum!!!

My first plate. :D

Desserts (Maja Blanca, Gelatin and Palitaw)

Our "DIY" waffles and pancake. :) The chocolate syrup was a winner.

Okay... we're near towards the sad part of this story. Jen and Arvee get some of the desserts and they get 3 pieces of puto bumbong so each of us can get one. I stood up to get another pancake and when I came back, they were looking at something on the puto bumbong plate. They saw a small cockroach! Arvee took some photos of that little creature (which I will post here also) before he call the manager.







The manager was kind enough to assist us with what we saw and he offered to change it with a new one. He also apologized but explained to us that whenever they cook puto bumbong, it's covered. He's trying to say that it's clean which is okay with me. It's natural to defend his staff. Arvee asked for a letter stating that he acknowledged our concern and in case something wrong happened to us, they will be held responsible for it. He negotiated with us again by not paying our bill. He also said that they don't give letters. I asked him how do they deal with situation like this? He wanted us to be satisfied with his apology. Arvee insisted to give us a letter or note about what happened. He didn't give us a letter but he gave us their main office' contact number. I think this is the best thing he can do. I don't want to rate their customer service but it's up to you to judge.


I'm not trying to ruin Somethin' Fishy's reputation but may this blog serve as a reminder to double check the cleanliness of the food and sanitation of your restaurant.







No comments: