Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Play: Ibong Adarna

Last week, our youngest brother asked me if I can watch their play at school on February 5, 2013. He'll be playing the role of King Fernando in Ibong Adarna. So I asked him what time and he said it'll be around 8 o'clock in the morning. I said yes to him and he asked me if I could bring our camera so I can photograph him and his classmates.

I went home early so I can go with Mama to watch Neil at school. Their AVR is so cold and I'm imagining myself getting the Philippine flag and wrap it to myself. Haha! I was expecting that parents and students will occupy all seats at the AVR but even there were plenty of us, the room stayed so cool.

This is when the narrator introduced King Fernando.

Now with Queen Valeriana.

The royal family! :) Don Diego, Don Pedro and Don Juan. Sons of the king and queen of Berbania.

The scene when the king got very sick.

King Fernando commanded his eldest son, Don Pedro to search for the mythical bird.

Here goes the Adarna. Her song made Don Pedro fell asleep. The bird defecated and fell to his body and turned him to stone.

Same fate happened to Don Diego when his eldest brother failed to return. 

I took a picture of Mama while watching. :)

There goes Don Juan.

He fought the giant to save Princess Leonora.

And they fell in love...

Don Juan asking Princess Leonora to come with him.
 
Sorry, I did not take pictures on all scenes. In the end, Don Juan married Donya Maria and not Princess Leonora. He also caught the mythical bird and made his father well  when it sang.

The cast.

Their Filipino subject teacher.

My brother.

Thanks for inviting me to watch your play. It reminded me of my freshman year in high school. I had a great time although it was freaking cold at your school's AVR. :)














No comments: