Monday, July 26, 2010

It's my lunch break but I'm not eating

It's a challenge to go on a diet. I don't know what else to do because I'm having trouble on how to loose this extra weight I got. I'm trying not to go on sleep during my lunch so here I am blogging... My next meal will be in the morning. Usual stuff like egg, hotdog and fried rice. What do I need to give up to be thin again? Sometimes, I feel frustrated when I don't achieve what I'm aiming. I just don't want to be fat, that's it!

One of the things in my mind lately is when some people don't like me for who I am. They will say things I should do and I feel bad about it. Can't you accept me for who I am? And then I read this article from Purpose Driven Life tonight and it made me realize that I don't need to do anything just to be accepted because I'm already accepted, through the eyes of God and that's what important!

Here's some of the highlights...

Many of us base our self confidence on what other people think, so we work hard at being accepted. We buy things, we wear things, we join things -- all just for the benefit of trying to be accepted by our friends, family, co-workers and peers.

Does God say you have to earn the acceptance? That you could ever deserve it? No. The Bible just says, God has accepted you.

If you're a believer, then you've accepted Jesus into your life. But do you understand that God accepts you? He loves you unconditionally and accepts you for who you are.

Some of you grew up with unpleasable parents. They were perfectionists. No matter how much you tried, you couldn't get their approval. If you got B's, they wanted A's. If you got A's, they wanted A+'s. No matter what you did it was never, ever good enough. Even today you're still trying to earn their love and approval.

If that's the case -- with your parents or with anyone else in your life you've been seeking to please -- there are two things you need to know:

  1. In all likelihood, you're never going to get that approval or acceptance. Not because of who you are but because of who they are.
  1. You don't need their approval because you are acceptable to God. You don't need their approval to be happy.

What a relief that is to understand. You only need the love and approval of one person, and you already have it: God says you are acceptable!

I copied most of it...

Anyway, this article will remind me of God's unconditional love and I'm satisfied.

I don't need other peoples approval just to be accepted.

God bless us all! :)

No comments: